If you are unable to take one of the admissions tests taking place on 4 November and 5 November due to Covid-19, please see the guidance below. This information applies to:
- Candidates who have already registered with a testing centre, but can no longer attend their test.
- Candidates unable to find a test centre that they can register with and/or travel to due to Covid-19.
Please click below to see more information based on what type of test you take. If you are unsure whether your test is computer-based or paper-based, please follow this link.
Please click here if you need to take a paper-based test for Oxford University
This information is for all candidates who needed to have registered for one of the following Oxford University paper-based tests:
- Classics Aptitude Test (CAT)
- Mathematics Admissions Test (MAT)
- History Aptitude Test (HAT)
- Modern Languages Admissions Test (MLAT)
- Physics Aptitude Test (PAT)
- Oriental Language Aptitude Test (OLAT)
- English Literature Admissions Test (ELAT)
Oxford University will be in direct contact with you via email shortly after the test registration deadline of 15 October 2020. The email will have guidance on what to do
- if you find that you will not be able to attend your test;
- if you were not able to register.
For the latest information visit www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate.
Please click here if you need to take a paper-based test (excluding Oxford University tests).
If you cannot take your paper-based test, you will need to inform us by completing a form.
a) If you are already registered to take one of the paper-based tests and you can no longer attend, the form will ask for the reasons why. You may also be asked to provide relevant evidence.
If the reason is Covid-19 related, for example:
- Local or national lockdown
- Shielding, because you or someone in your household is vulnerable
- Positive Covid-19 test for you or someone within your household
You will need to provide evidence, for example:
- Doctor’s letter
- Positive Covid-19 test result
- Governmental guidance
b) If you are unable to find a test centre you can register with and/or travel to due to Covid-19, please submit the form below.
The details provided in the form will be used to inform your university that you were unable to sit the test.
The deadline for submitting a form will be 3 November 18:00 GMT.
Please click here if you need to take a computer based test.
We may be able to offer remote proctoring:
a) if you are registered to take one of the computer-based tests, and you cannot attend.
b) if you are unable to find a test centre you can register with and travel to, due to Covid-19.
Remote proctoring enables candidates to take a test away from a test centre. You can find more information about how to request remote proctoring in the support site article here.
Please click on the Follow button near the top right corner to get an email when an update to this article has been published.