Please see below information about the impact of COVID-19 on the upcoming admissions testing sessions in 2020.
BMAT September 2020
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the BMAT – September test session will not go ahead this year.
We will be administering the BMAT – November test session, which will take place on 4 November 2020.
For further information about BMAT – November, including key dates and how to register for the test, visit the BMAT – November page.
Please ensure you also check with your chosen institution(s) to confirm which BMAT test session(s) they will accept as an alternative to BMAT – September.
IMAT 2020 - Guidance for Candidates
It is your responsibility to make sure you comply with any instructions from your test centre regarding COVID-19 procedures.
Centres have been asked to provide you with clear information about procedures before, during and after the test.
- Any mandatory measures you need to take, such as health checks and additional hygiene procedures. (E.g. temperature checks, mandatory mask wearing etc.)
Please note, you can be refused entry if you fail to adhere to any mandatory restrictions or requirements.
You cannot take the test if you:
- display symptoms of COVID-19. (This link is to the World Health Organisation. Please follow guidance from your local authorities.)
- are under 14-day compulsory quarantine, stay-at-home order, medical surveillance or a self-quarantine order, as specified.
- have been in close contact with a person with known or suspected coronavirus within the last 14 days. Close contact is defined as spending more than 15 minutes face-to-face contact within 2 metres of a person known to have coronavirus OR living in the same household as a person known or suspected to have coronavirus.
- have recently travelled to places restricted by your local authorities.
If you cannot take the test because of any of the reasons above, you can cancel your booking through UniversItaly:
- You can cancel your test booking and receive a full refund at any point up until 23:59 Italian time on 27 August.
- If you cancel your test after 23:59 Italian time on 27 August, but before 9 September, you will receive a 25% refund.
On the test day
- If you turn up on the day but cannot take the test due to displaying COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. after a temperature check) the centre will inform Admissions Testing who will provide a full refund.
- You must follow all required COVID-19 procedures set out by the test centre.
- You need to be aware that if you leave anything behind after the exam (such as forgetting a pencil case), these items may be thrown away or destroyed for hygiene reasons. You must make sure you take all your belongings with you when you leave the venue.
Tests taking place on 4 November 2020
At the moment, we do not expect the tests due to take place on 4 November to be affected but we will keep this article updated if there are any changes.
Please click on the Follow button near the top right corner to get an email when an update has been published.